Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Tutorial... Spiffing up your Converse

It's no secret that I love Converse Chuck Taylors All-Stars.  They've become a bit of a trademark for me... even people I haven't seen since high school send me links having to do with Converse.  I currently own nearly 30 pair in a variety of colors and styles. Some even have sequins! 

(This is just a portion of them.)

A friend of mine recently said he was at the outlet mall in Marysville and walked into another shoe store (Vans, I think) but felt guilty and walked immediately to the Converse store.  He felt disloyal buying the others and instead came home with some ROCKING new Cons.  I love that!

Unfortunately, over time, they can lose their lustre and start looking dingy. 

In a pinch, a baby wipe can work wonders at cleaning up the white rubber parts.  But if you really want to make them sparkle again, here's my trick.

Use a Mr Clean magic eraser to thoroughly scrub the rubber until it's sparkling white again.  (They get into the crevices really well, even on the textured toe section.)  The generics from the dollar store or grocery outlet work just as well.

Next, pop in a new set of laces.  I got these Harley Davidson orange ones at the Converse outlet for $3, but recently replaced some white ones with a pair from Deals Only for 49 cents!

Here's the before and after...

Practically like new for $1-5.

You're welcome. :)


Posted via Blogaway

No comments:

Post a Comment